The personal data MallorcanTonic.com holds
Personal data you give to us.
MallorcanTonic.com collects and uses information which you provide to us. When you make an enquiry or a booking, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address. We may also ask for your telephone number, passport number , the names of any guests travelling with you and any preferences (such as room preferences and any mobility restrictions) you might have for your trip.
If you need to get in touch with us through other means (such as through social media or communicating with your booked hotel provider through us) we collect information from you there too. Guests can also be asked to provide a review to help ensure future guests get exactly what they’re looking for. We will collect information from you included in your reviews.
You can decide to participate in competitions or promotions and doing this will also mean providing us with personal data.
Personal data you give us about others.
You may be making a booking with or for other guests whose details you provide as part of the reservation.
Personal data we collect automatically.
When you visit our website we automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system.
If you are using a mobile device, we collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics. When you make a booking, our system registers through which means you have made your reservation or entered the MallorcanTonic.com website.
Personal data we receive from other sources.
We may also receive information about you from other sources. These include business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you. For example, when you provide the reservation details to our hotel partners, who then forward your details to us.
Hotels and business partners may share information about you with MallorcanTonic.com too – this may happen if you have questions about your pending reservation or if complaints arise about your trip.
Why MallorcanTonic.com collects and uses your personal data
We use the information collected about you for various purposes as follows:
- Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your booking.
- Customer service: Using your relevant details, such as enquiry or reservation information or accommodation preferences allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you to find appropriate accomodation and responding to any questions you might have about your booking.
- Marketing activities: We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include:
- Using your contact information to send you news of special offers and promotions. You can unsubscribe from email marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link.
- When you participate in promotional activities (such as promotions or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
- Responding to and handling any requests you or your hotel provider have made.
- If you have not finalized an enquiry or a booking, we can contact you with a reminder to continue with your reservation.
- When you use our services, we can invite you to provide a review about your experience with MallorcanTonic.com or the hotel provider.
- Improving our services: We may use personal data for analytical purposes in order to improve our services and enhance the user experience but also for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our website.
- Providing your personal data to MallorcanTonic.com is voluntary. However,we may only be able to provide you with a service if certain personal data is collected.
In processing your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- For purpose 1 , MallorcanTonic.com relies on the legal basis that the processing of the personal data is necessary for the formation of a contract, specifically to finalize and administer your booking.
- For purposes 2 to 5 , MallorcanTonic.com relies on its legitimate commercial business interest to provide its services, to prevent fraud and to improve its services.
- For purpose 6, MallorcanTonic.com relies where applicable on compliance with legal obligations (such as lawful law enforcement requests). Where needed under applicable law, MallorcanTonic.com will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If you wish to object to the processing set out under 2 to 5, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How MallorcanTonic.com shares your data with third parties
In certain circumstances, we share your personal data with third parties :-
- The hotel provider you booked: In order to complete your booking, we transfer relevant reservation details to the hotel you have booked. This can include your name, contact details, the names of the guests travelling with you and any preferences or other information you specified when you made your reservation. If you have a query about your trip, we may contact the hotel provider and ask them to handle your request. In cases of reservation-related disputes, we may provide the hotel provider with information about the reservation process as needed to handle the dispute. This may include a copy of your reservation confirmation as proof that a reservation was actually made.
- Third-party service providers: We use service providers to process your personal data on our behalf. This processing is for several purposes, including sending out marketing material or validating the correctness of the email address you provided during the booking process. Third party service providers are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for other purposes than instructed by MallorcanTonic.com.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud or if we are otherwise legally obliged to do so. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of our business partners.
How MallorcanTonic.com makes use of mobile devices
We offer versions of our website that have been optimised for mobile and tablet browsing and these process the personal details you give us in the same way as our website does.
How MallorcanTonic.com makes use of social media
We use social media partly to promote our hotel providers products, services and offers and to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services.
Integration of social media plugins. We have also integrated social media plugins into the MallorcanTonic.com website. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s ‘Like’ button) certain information is shared with these social media providers. If you are logged in to your social media account at the same time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account.
Other social media services and features. We may integrate other social media services (like social media messaging) to interact with MallorcanTonic.com or with your contacts about our services. We may maintain social media accounts on several social media sites. Whenever you connect with MallorcanTonic.com through social media, your social media service provider may allow you to share information with MallorcanTonic.com. If you choose to share, you will generally be told by your social media provider which information will be shared.
The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available in your social media profile (including your email address, status updates and a list of your contacts). We’ll use this information to help provide you with the service you requested. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data whenever you connect with MallorcanTonic.com through them, for instance by combining personal data they collect when you use MallorcanTonic.com through them with information they collect when you use other online platforms linked with your social media provider.
Security and retention procedures of MallorcanTonic.com
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How MallorcanTonic.com treats personal data of children
The services offered by MallorcanTonic.com are not directed at children under 16 years old. For children younger than 16 years old, the use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. In limited cases as part of a reservation, purchase of other travel-related services, or in exceptional other circumstances (such as features addressed to families), MallorcanTonic.com may collect and use information on children only as provided by the parent or guardian or with their consent. If we become aware that we process information of a child under 16 years old without the valid consent of a parent or guardian, we reserve the right to delete it.
Control of the personal data you have given to MallorcanTonic.com
Control of how your personal data is used by us.
You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
You can inform us of any changes to your personal data or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, or block or restrict the processing of, the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data and ,in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting us.
If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, please contact us at email@example.com.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data via MallorcanTonic.com and how to contact us
Whenever you use our website, cookies and other tracking technologies can be used in various ways, such as making the MallorcanTonic.com website work, to analyse traffic, or for advertisement purposes. These technologies are either used by us directly, or by our business partners, including third party service providers and advertisers we work with.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. “First party cookies” are cookies which are served by the entity operating the domain through which the cookie is served. MallorcanTonic.com’s own cookies are therefore “first party cookies”. In case we allow others to service cookies through the MallorcanTonic.com website, these cookies are called “third party cookies”.
In addition, there is a difference between session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies will only exist until you close your browser. Permanent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve cookies or allow the serving of cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as for security purposes and where absolutely necessary, will a cookie have a longer lifespan than that.
Other tracking technologies are also used which are similar to cookies. These can include web beacons (also known as pixel tags, web bugs or gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs). A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that can be delivered to your computer as part of a web page request, in an advertisement or in an HTML email message. Pixels can be used to retrieve information from your device, such as your device type or operating system, IP address, and time of visit. They are also used to serve and read cookies in your browser. Tracking URLs are used to understand from which referring website the MallorcanTonic.com website is used. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
All these technologies are together referred to in this Cookie Statement as “cookies”.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are used for different purposes. They allow you to be recognised as the same user across the pages of a website, between websites or when you use an app. The types of information that we collect through cookies include IP address; device ID; viewed pages; browser type; browsing information; operating system; internet service provider; timestamp; whether you have responded to an advertisement; the referring URL; and features used or activities engaged in within the website.
Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced, user-friendly website which adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make them function correctly and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively. If you are using the MallorcanTonic.com website to search for a trip, for example, these cookies remember your accommodation preferences, your searches and your previously viewed hotel providers. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website but they add functionality and enhance your MallorcanTonic.com experience.
Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use MallorcanTonic.com. This means we can find out what works and what doesn’t, optimize and improve our website, understand the effectiveness of advertisements and communications, and ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather can include which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, which emails you have opened and acted upon, and date and time stamp information.
It also means we can use details about how you’ve interacted with the site, such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you enter into various fields.
What are your choices?
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, simply visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser. In the settings for browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain technical and/or functional cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website.
Advertising. When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of behavioural advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer.
To opt out of an NAI member’s behavioural advertising programme, simply tick the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out. You may also want to visit www.youronlinechoices.com to learn how to opt out of customized advertisement. Your mobile device may allow you to limit the sharing of information for retargeting purposes through its settings. Please be aware that opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
Analytics. In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes through Google Analytics from certain browser types, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (only for desktop).
If you have any questions about this Cookie Statement, please send an email to mallorcantonic.com. Our Cookie Statement may be amended from time to time.